Saturday, June 20, 2009

Blueberry pancakes and iced green tea


One of my favourite things to do is collect. I collect all sorts of things: toys, magazines, stories, stationary. Lately, I have been collecting people. This is something that I just noticed today and found quite amusing. I have a little list of blogs and websites that I check every day for inspiration, and sheer entertainment. This started about two years ago, when I really unleashed all of my curiosity onto the interent. I opened an etsy shop, and started to discover the world of blogging.The first person that really caught me was Princess Skye. I stumbled across the Princess Portal while looking for lolita coordinates and I instantly fell in love. As corny as it sounds, I felt like I had found a kindred spirit from across te world, on te internet. I began to follow her blog, laughing and reminiscing at her post of old fairy tales and her adorable photoshoots. Since then I have watched her evolve into a beautiful dreamy fairyl tale her self, and from Princess Skye, she became The Lost Princess. I started looking for others like her, and like myslef, trapped here in my computer. I started collecting. After Skye was Kumako, a character designer who has a lovely online shop based in Japan. Her love for all things cute mirrored mine so well. I tucked her away in my sidebar. I discovered the mysteriously beautiful Kassandra Leigh Purcell whose self taken photos dazzled me. Doe Deere, and all of her colourful and whimsical collections of clothing and make-up inspired me, and made an instant fan of me. Collect collect. Gala and her smart, relevant articles splashed with whimsy and a stellar wardrobe. Collect. Miss Lumpy, Lolita Charm. Collect Collect. Now my sidebar is full of daydreams, sugary treats , and magical stories of girls all over the internet that share the same ideas and dreams that I have. When I click on there names, I enter a world that is sacred, and hidden away form all of the negative and dream bashing element of the ooutside world. I can sit in a fluffly lavender cloud and sip strawberry tea, or lay in a meadow reading a long lost fable with a few friends. A lovely escape! I must insist that anyone who enjoys a bit of a enchanted getaway every now and then stops by any of their blogs. You might just realize that you are not alone in your world of fantasy either!

2 comments:

Victoria Suzanne said...

thank you for this. it was very beautiful. you are a pretty doll in my collection too :)

Velo said...

i think you love japan style. =D
very adorable.