Saturday, January 24, 2009

on a sweeter note........babies and names






A close friend of mine is having a baby!! This news really puts me into pink and blue mode.
I don't have any children of my own, so i can't stop badgering her with questions
How do you feel?
What is happening with your body?
What types of things are you craving?
What things are stinky to you now?
I am a mess. Every time that I see her I ask her at least one of those questions, putting a different nae for her baby in every time.
How is little Caleb today?
Does little Hortense want some salad?
Naming the child is the most fascinating task to me. I have an affinity to name every thing that I see. All of the mannequins at work have names. Even my massage table has a name. I have named my unborn children dozens of times. (my boyfriend doesn' t agree to any of them!)
I have always wanted my children to have unique names, and I would love to use nouns! For example:
for a girl
Clover is my favourite!
for a boy

What can I say? I have unique tastes!

1 comments:

Julie said...

Those are some nice names, I've always thought Clover would make a nice boy's name ahaha, they'd probably hate it once grown up though...